Recently we upgraded Exchange 2010 RTM to Exchange 2010 SP1 and since after the reboot users started to complain that their IPhone are unable to download emails. The emails get listed in phone but when one tries to open them gets the following error.


This message has not been downloaded from the server


I checked the exchange server and event id 4999 was logged repeatedly in Application log

Watson report about to be sent for process id: 1234, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.01.0218.011, AirSync, MSExchange ActiveSync, Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.InboundConversionOptions.CheckImceaDomain, UnexpectedCondition:ArgumentException, 4321, 14.01.0218.015.

EventID 4999 event registered on exchange server, everytime a user tries to download a message

EventID 4999 event registered on exchange server, everytime a user tries to download a message


The most noticable part in this even is the work CheckmceaDomain, The point the issue is towards the default domain or accepted domains in exchange.I researched further with this error to find that there some issue with the Accepted Domains on the server. It’s a good time to inform that this exchange Server was part of a domain which started with SBS 2011 server because of which the Accepted domain has been defined with the name “Windows SBS External Domain”.

The following two tabs change content below.
An automobile enthusiast at heart and computer geek by profession, started my Career with MS in 2005.Left Jobs and started Pledge Technologies (the parent company to Grishbi) back in 2009.We have been providing IT consulting to various Small and Medium businesses across US and UK since then.Our company specialises in Microsoft Server technologies like AD, Exchange, the rest and with numerous Office 365 migrations under our belt, we quite an expert with that too. Whatever we learn in our day to day life, we share it back on Grishbi as a Thank for all the love and support our customers have given us.