I worked on an issue recently where the IE Proxy Setting would keep on enabling by itself no matter how many times you disable them. I googled on the issue and found numerous articles and posts suggesting different solution, and none of them worked. I ended up running multiple scans to check for any Malware, Adware, Virus, and Spyware etc., and all would may show that there is problem, and is fixed. However, every time I disable the IE Proxy Setting, it would enable again all by itself.
Solution: After spending hours, here is how I resolved it, and I’m sure that you’ll be able to do it by yourself. Please note that this article applies to all version of Microsoft OS like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, etc.
- Download Process Monitor from Microsoft. (If your PC is not connecting to internet, do it from another PC, and transfer file)
- Extract the files and launch the application.
- First step is to Stop the Capture, by either CTRL +
The following two tabs change content below.Passionate for Latest Gadgets, a Computer geek by Hobby, and luckily Profession too. Started my career in 2005 with IBM, worked with Microsoft later. Back in 2009, started Pledge Technologies (www.pledgetechnologies.com) (parent company to Grishbi). We, at Pledge Technologies, provide IT Consulting to SMBs across US & UK. Specialized in Microsoft Technologies like AD, Exchange, etc., and lot of experience of Office 365 Migration for various clients. Grishbi is a platform where we express what we learned today, and share it with world.
Latest posts by Rishi Chaudhary (see all)
- ShadowCopy Backup after renaming VSSADMIN.EXE - October 5, 2016
- No Network Connection after Windows 10 Upgrade – Fixed - August 25, 2015
- Windows 10 System Tray Notification Issue - August 7, 2015