IE Proxy Setting Keeps Changing

Follow me I worked on an issue recently where the IE Proxy Setting would keep on enabling by itself no matter how many times you disable them. I googled on the issue and found numerous articles and posts suggesting different solution, and none of them worked. I ended up running multiple scans to check for any Malware, Adware, Virus, and Spyware etc., and all would may show that there is problem, and is fixed. However, every time I disable the IE Proxy Setting, it would enable again all by itself. Solution: After spending hours, here is how I resolved it, and I’m sure that you’ll be able to do it by yourself. Please note that this article applies to all version of Microsoft OS like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, etc. Download Process Monitor from Microsoft. (If your PC is not connecting to internet, do it from another PC, and transfer file) Extract the files and launch the application. First step is to Stop the Capture, by either CTRL + E  or clicking on the icon . Disable all the filters except Registry Activity. This is all we need in this particular scenario. Also clear the logs by pressing CTRL + X or the icon . Go to Start — Run (or press Window Key + R) — Type inetcpl.cpl — Go to Connections Tab– than to LAN Settings. Bring the Process Monitor and LAN Settings window side by side. Start the Capture on Process Monitor by clicking on the icon  or press CTRL + E. On the LAN Settings window, uncheck the box for “Use...

DNS Issue after Domain Rename

Follow me   Netlogon Event ID: 5774 We renamed a Windows 2003 domain  and after completing successfully, we found that the DNS records are still being registered for the Old Domain Name. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 Renaming domain is a complex task, ensuring all the functionality in Domain to remain working. However, in this particular environment, we follow everything by the book. Unfortunately, something was still not done properly, and finally we started to dig deeper to find what went wrong. Primarily we noticed the following event in the logs to start our troubleshooting with: Event Type: Error Event Source: NETLOGON Event Category: None Event ID: 5774 Date:  12/18/2014 Time:  4:02:57 AM User:  N/A Computer: DC01 Description: The dynamic registration of the DNS record ‘_kpasswd._udp..com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 464 NewDC..com.’ failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: x.x.x.x Returned Response Code: 9 Returned Status Code: 9009 For computers and users to locate this domain controller, this record must be registered in DNS. USER ACTION Determine what might have caused this failure, resolve the problem, and initiate registration of the DNS records by the domain controller. To determine what might have caused this failure, run DCDiag.exe. You can find this program on the Windows Server 2003 installation CD in Support\Tools\support.cab. To learn more about DCDiag.exe, see Help and Support Center. To initiate registration of the DNS records by this domain controller, run ‘nltest.exe /dsregdns’ from the command prompt on the domain controller or restart Net Logon service. Nltest.exe is available in the Microsoft Windows Server Resource Kit CD. Or, you can manually add this record to DNS, but it...

Windows 2003 Sp2 Domain Controller not responding to DNS queries

Problem Server OS: Windows 2003 Sp2 Problem Domain controller not responding to DNS queries Symptoms DNS server service stopped after each reboot Actions Pointed the domain controller to other domain controller for DNS information Validated the Domain controller has static IP, somehow mine switched to dynamic one opened AD site and services and expanded domain controller, right click on NTDS settings object , open properties copied the Global guid for each domain controller , its looks like EED0F730-775D-4A64-9FAA-FC368B9951AF._msdcs.contoso.com Opened CMD and pinged each guid i.e. Ping EED0F730-775D-4A64-9FAA-FC368B9951AF._msdcs.contoso.com It should respond back with the actual IP of respective domain controller I found that it was showing incorrect ip, so opened the DNSmgmt.msc on the server where my DC is pointing for DNS Went under Contoso.com-> msdcs, here I see the guid as a Cname record , validated the Host A record it is pointing to changed the Host A record to the correct IP ( IP of the respective domain controller) Again validated on both DC’s that Pinging the guid , reply back with correct IP Rebooted the DC and validated name resolution is working fine with it using nslookup Also opened DCdiag to confirm it looks clean All is looking well...