If your organization is planning to upgrade all their PC’s to Office 2016 or just Outlook 2016 then I would recommend you to wait a little longer especially if you are on Office 365. Reason being yet again, the biggest multibillion $$ IT software company is doing the beta testing on its customers, because of which its own products Outlook 2016 and Office 365 are having issues to seamlessly connect to each other.
The functionality of Autodiscover is supposedly changed in Outlook 2016 and I can only guess but probably for that reason 9 out of 10 times when you uninstall your existing Office 2013 or 2010 and install the new and flashy Office 2016 (Outlook 2016) you end up having the following error.
Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service.
The only solution we have found to this issue so far is to rebuild the Outlook profile for the user and that works again 9 out of 10 times. In some rare cases we ended up creating a completely new User profile and then obviously new outlook profile with in it.
We have seen this issue happening so far with Office 365 users, as we have a lot of eager customer trying to jump to their included version of Office 2016 so we are really unhappy with it and now we are asking the customer to hold on to further upgrades.
Microsoft has also released a support and recovery assistant to resolve this issue, but it also ends up creating a new profile for you using the information you provide to it.
Organisations with a lot of users on Office 365 should definitely hold on to Office 2016 upgrade and should test the solution throughly before proceeding with it.
Do let us know if you have more information or quicker solution about this issue, we also appreciate your comments and experience you shared with this issue and the work around you followed.
If we were able to help you even a bit with this information then please share this article on Google, FB or Twitter to spread awareness and save headaches.
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016