An added benefit with Office 365 is that you get a subscription of the latest office desktop client which is Office 2013 at the moment. This article answers some basic questions about the included office desktop subscription and how to install the office on your PC.
Before we start with installation lets just answers some FAQs:–
What is the Office 365 install count ?
With each Office 365 business premium or E3/E4 license, a user can activate upto five copies of latest office desktop app (office 2013 as of now) version standard or professional flavour respective for each license.so with one license, you can activate Office desktop apps on your desktop, laptop, your home PC , Your Kid’s PC.
How to install Office 365 One drive for Business ?
Office 365 One drive for business is available with full office installation or as a separate software as well from Office 365 portal
Whats the location for Office 365 installer download ?
Office desktop app and other softwares can be download from the following link after login with a licensed user credentials.
Can we get Office 365 installation CD ?
Office 365 pro plus (just the office desktop apps, without cloud email features) is available as FPP (fully packaged product) on retail store.
Installing Office 365 Desktop Apps on your Windows PC
Installing Office 365 Desktop apps is really simple but we recommend that you uninstall existing version of Office from your PC before installing the latest version from Office 365 Portal.
Uninstall the old version of Office Desktop apps from your PC
- Click on start and search for Program and Features (Referring to Windows 7), see the screenshot below
- Under program and Features, look for the current installed version of office and click uninstall.
PS: Here in this image, We are actually uninstalling existing office 365 applications and reinstalling the same, but the process remains the same even if you are upgrading from an earlier version or just changing the flavour like from Professional to Standard.
Installing Latest Office 365 Desktop Apps
Once you have successfully uninstalled the older version of office, its time to download and install the latest one from 365 portal
- Open the following URL to download the latest office desktop apps
- Login with a licensed user and you should see the office apps listed along with the install button
- As you click on install, a small web installer will be downloaded and you can simply run it
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup
If you had an existing outlook profile then will be automatically upgraded to be used with Outlook 2013.
Hope this article helps you with your need at hand, Please show your love by liking and sharing this article on FB,Google or Linked in.
Reach us for professional help with Office 365 or other Microsoft Solution
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016