I have been facing this issue since long, Its with the Remote desktop client I use to connect to terminal server. Despite of me putting the check to remember password, it still repeatedly prompts for the credentials. This time I decided to fix the issue, hope this helps you as well
The solution is really simple. Follow the steps below-
1. Open the CMD Prompt.
2. Type “gpedit.msc”, hit enter to open the local group policy editor, you can also do same from domain policies if the PC/Server is part of domain.
3. Navigate to- Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Ceredentials Delegation
4. Open the policy setting “Allow Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication” (or “Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication”)
5. Click Enabled and click on “show”
6. Enter the server where we need to connect to with the stored credentials. Wildcard can be used so choose “TERMSRV/*” .
7. Close the screen and run “gpupdate”.
After following the above steps, if it still requests for credentials then please reboot you PC.
For any further assistance, feel free to start a new thread on our forum.
Latest posts by Arshdeep Singh (see all)
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser- NTFS issue - December 7, 2016
- Change Password for Soonr account in just 3 steps - November 3, 2015
- Windows Update error Codes, Description & Solutions - August 20, 2015