Recently I was trying to create a reservation for a MAC address in DHCP, Upon trying first I got an error “The specified address is not available”, I tried multiple times but was not able to create the entry even with a different set IP address. I re-validated the current reservation and leases but the specific Mac address isn’t listed.
Upon further investigation I found that this MAC is somehow mapped to another reservation and isn’t visible, in a way its lingering.
Here is what we did to resolve the issue
1) We took a dump of DHCP configuration using the following command
2) We searched the dump file for the problem Mac entry and we were able to find it.
PS: The Mac entry in GUI might show associated to a different Mac address, but we need to delete that in order to fix the issue
3) We went ahead and deleted that reservation from the DHCP database.
Now I was able to create the new reservation for the problem Mac.
Feel free to report any new issue on our forum to seek expert help
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016