Past few times after installing PHPBB forum for some websites, we were getting the warning message. Though I am not sure of the reason of this message but the solution is pretty simple, so decided to share it
Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board. If this directory is still present, only the Administration control Panel (ACP) will be accessible.
As the message suggest the solution is precisely the same.
1) Access your website via FTP, if you are unaware how to do that then you can ask your webhost (Godaddy,Bluehost,SiteGround etc) about the procedure to FTP into your site
2) Browse to the directory where you have installed your Forum, see the screenshot below
3) Rename the folder named Install to Installold, though the message suggests to delete the folder but renaming is also same as delete and if my 10 year experience has thought me one thing than never delete data unless absolutely necessary
4) You should be able to access your PHPBB board now.
Hope this article was helpful, for further support you make reach to us via our paid support options here
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016