We have faced multiple issues with Offline Address Book (OAB) with Mac Outlook 2011 and the most common culprit is found to be some kind of Corruption in OAB.
Outlook 2011 fails to Display Offline Address Book
Steps to rebuild Offline Address Book (OAB) for Outlook 2011 for Mac
1) Quit Outlook completely (Ensure Outlook and Database Daemon process is quit completely from “Activity Monitor”)
2) Remove the default/active identity folder from ~/Library/Caches/Outlook/(Identity) Directory
3) Restart Outlook
4) Wait for 15-20 minutes and check if OAB gets listed, The process may take longer depending on your speed and connectivity to Exchange Server, It would be unwise to leave outlook running over night as well before trying any further troubleshooting.
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016