Recently, A user reported that the Evernote Outlook plugin isn’t appearing any more in her outlook 2013, I connected to her PC and checked the plugins under File->Options->Add Ins, I found it disabled (or unchecked), Upon enabling Add-in following error comes up in the same window
Error : Not Loaded, A run-time error occurred during the loading of the com add-in
I tried to disable and enable the Plugin a couple of time but the error remained consistent.
Another fun fact is that when we look under File->Options-> Add-ins, All add-ins shows the path of their respective DLL, however for Evernote add-in that path is blank, which is quite consistent to the error “Not Loaded”
Anyways I went ahead and tried over the top installation as in a repair install of Evernote, it didn’t give any error message but the installation kept crashing before finishing successfully.
Went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote on the PC, but still when we try to enable the Add-in we get the same error.
Found a suggestion from Evernote forum to re-register EvernoteOL.dll, using the following process
1. Exit Outlook. Make sure that Outlook.exe process exits completely (you can check that in the Task Manager’s Processes tab), if it does not, terminate the process.
2. Win + R to open Run dialog
3. In the Run dialog enter the following and press OK
4. In the cmd.exe window, change directory to the Evernote installation directory:
cd “c:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote”
5. Un-register Outlook add-on with the following command:
regsvr32.exe /u EvernoteOL.dll
6. Wait for the confirmation dialog and click OK.
7. Re-register Outlook add-on with the following command:
8. Wait for the confirmation dialog and click OK.
Unfortunately , still the issue wasn’t resolved. So wanted to un-install and re-install Evernote again but before that I did a small trick. Once again opened File->options->Add-Ins and reached the same window
So, as we are obviously not able to check and enable the outlook Add-in, so this time before un-installing Evernote, I went ahead and actually removed it from here by clicking the remove button on right, existed off outlook and uninstalled Evernote.
This time when we installed Evernote, we found the Add-in already enabled under outlook and also the DLL path was visible as”c:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote \EvernoteOL.dll”. Now come to think of it I feel that there was no need to uninstall and reinstall Evernote, May be the correct way to fix the issue was.
1) Remove the Evernote Plugin from the list by using the remove button.
2) De register and re-register the EvernoteOL.dll
3) Re-add the plug-in using the Add button and specifying the DLL path.
I don’t have the issue or the access to that PC any more, but I would love some one to try these three steps before reinstalling Evernote.
Please See: As I read on Evernote Forums, they have clearly stated that only X86 version of Outlook is supported, so make sure you aren’t using X64 and trying to get this Plugin working.
To Conclude, I hope this article helped you to solve the issue in hand, for other paid support options click here
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016