This article explains how to change the username of a user on Office 365 portal. You should have admin rights to be able to make the changes.
- Sign in to Office 365 with your Admin Account.
- On the Left pane, Go to Users > Active Users.
- On the Active Users page, select the user you want to edit. This will bring additional menu for user on the right side of the page. Click on Edit.
- Click the Details page, and change the user name, and also the name of the user.
- If required, you can also click on Additional Details to make other changes.
- Complete your changes, and then click Save.
Note: The changed user shall be able to login with the new user ID immediately (as experienced) However, it may take up to 24 hours to get all the services to update with changes. Also ensure that the user should close and reopen all related applications like Outlook, Lync etc.
Also note that the change in username will also update the Primary Email address of the user. The email associated with Old username will be added as an alias to the user.
Please do not forget to share your feedback, or ask a question by clicking here.
Latest posts by Rishi Chaudhary (see all)
- ShadowCopy Backup after renaming VSSADMIN.EXE - October 5, 2016
- No Network Connection after Windows 10 Upgrade – Fixed - August 25, 2015
- Windows 10 System Tray Notification Issue - August 7, 2015