Recently we had an issue where we were trying to redirect HP printer installed on Mac OS X to a Windows 2008 R2 Terminal server. But it wasn’t getting redirected, we tried all the steps listed in our other article about Printer redirection ( I will suggest that to be followed as well) if you aren’t getting this specific error or if you this article doesn’t resolved issue. Any how that article didn’t resolve the issue and while checking out we found the following event id 1111 listed in the system log (Event Viewer). see below
Error: Driver MS Publisher ImageSetter required for Brother Printer is Unknown
I researched further on this error and found no reason for this to happen, however I found some instructions to install ImageSetter driver as a generic driver on the server but they didn’t work. So the instructions were
1) Open devices and Printers
2) Add Printer Wizard
3) Select locally attached printer
4) Select Generic under Manufacturer and select MS Publisher ImageSetter under printers
But the problem was that ImageSetter driver was not listed on my windows 2008R2 server.
We also found steps mentioning installing the Image Setter driver from MSPublisher installation but again we didn’t find the required DLL under the installation folder as well.
So finally after checking few more things, we decided to port over Image setter driver from some old WinXP or Windows 2003 install, fortunately we didn’t have to do that and we found the driver Here
We downloaded the driver and installed it with following steps
Extract the drivers if not already done.
1. Open Devices and printers.
2. Select any device from the list, and click on “Print Server Properties” on the top of the window.
3. Click on the Drivers tab, and click on Add.
4. Remember to Browse the location of the downloaded driver via HaveDisk button
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install.
After installation the driver we did not get the Event ID 1111 any more and also our Printer redirection started to flawlessly.
Hope this article helped you , if you need immediate support with this issue or something else, you may reach out to us here
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016