Setup Office 365 Email on Outlook 2010/2013
This Article provides the step by step instruction to Setup Office 365 Email on Outlook 2010/2013.
- If you are using Outlook for the first time on this PC, Launch Outlook and go to step: 5, else Launch Control Panel. (Start – Control Panel)
Under Control Panel:
- In category view: Click on User Accounts and Family Safety, then double click on Mail
- In Icon view: Double click on Mail Icon.
- Click on Show Profiles… button
- Click Add button, Type a name for your new email profile, and click on OK
- Now, you may have a pre-filled form with your email address or may be asked to fill-in your Name, Email Address, and your Email Password. Enter all the details as provided by your Administrator, and click on Next.
- Imp: If you are using Outlook 2013, continue with step 7, else simply click on Finish.
- Once the check is complete and you are ready to finish, check the box for Change Account Settings, and click on Next.
- On this screen, ensure that you move the slider to the extreme right. This will ensure that Outlook will download all the emails from the server. Also ensure that the checkbox “Use Cached Exchange Mode” is also checked. Click on Finish.
- Now, you’ll be back to the Mail window. Change the default Profile “Always use this Profile” to the one you have just created, and click on Apply, and then OK.
- Launch Outlook. (If already open, close and launch it again). You may be prompted for username and password again. Enter your complete email address, and your email password in the respective field. Check the box for Remember my credentials, and click OK.
- You are done. The Account is successfully configured in Outlook.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate for Latest Gadgets, a Computer geek by Hobby, and luckily Profession too. Started my career in 2005 with IBM, worked with Microsoft later. Back in 2009, started Pledge Technologies (www.pledgetechnologies.com) (parent company to Grishbi). We, at Pledge Technologies, provide IT Consulting to SMBs across US & UK. Specialized in Microsoft Technologies like AD, Exchange, etc., and lot of experience of Office 365 Migration for various clients. Grishbi is a platform where we express what we learned today, and share it with world.
Latest posts by Rishi Chaudhary (see all)
- ShadowCopy Backup after renaming VSSADMIN.EXE - October 5, 2016
- No Network Connection after Windows 10 Upgrade – Fixed - August 25, 2015
- Windows 10 System Tray Notification Issue - August 7, 2015