I was trying to setup a quick outlook profile on my PC and didn’t want to download all the emails instead just wanted data from past one month
Outlook 2013 uses a new compressed format for the OST, which results in files up to 40% smaller than in Outlook 2010. By default, if Cached Exchange Mode is enabled, Outlook 2013 will only cache email messages from the last 12 months and remove anything older than 12 months from the local cache.
Users can view messages that were removed from the local cache by scrolling to the end of an email list in a folder and clicking the message Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange. Users can also change how many email messages are kept offline:
- Navigate to File | Info | Account Settings | Account Settings…
- Click on your account and select Change.
- Move the “Mail to Keep offline” slider to your preference. You can select caching for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and “all”.
Latest posts by Shishir Chandrawat (see all)
- Exchange 2010 Std: Mailbox server has reached the maximum database limit of 5 Error RcrExceedDbLimitException - December 12, 2016
- Exchange 2010: Unable to add Mailbox Database copies on DAG member servers, Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server - December 12, 2016
- Unable to Mount Microsoft Exchange DAG Database, Error: Failed to determine the mount status of the active database copy - December 12, 2016